[comp.lang.postscript] exist enscript for sun4?

shawn@litsun8.litsun.epfl.edu (Shawn Koppenhoefer) (01/15/91)

does anyone know where I can get ENSCRIPT for sun4
machines? the source would be fine (in fact, preferred!).
I've tried using the archie facility at McGill but no
luck in source or executable.

I've also looked around on uunet.uu.net (but not
really rigorously I admit). I saw nnscript in
comp.sources.misc but that only sits on top of enscript
to do some cleaning and change the header.

Does anyone know where I should be looking? if at all??

| shawn@litsun.epfl.ch     -.-  KLEIN BOTTLE FOR SALE ...\#######
| Shawn Edwin Koppenhoefer \_/         ... enquire within \######
| EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne) LIT      \#####
| EL-Ecublens, CH - 1015 Lausanne SWITZERLAND  (021)6934703 \####

woan@nowhere (Ronald S. Woan Jr.) (01/19/91)

shawn@litsun8.litsun.epfl.edu (Shawn Koppenhoefer) writes:
Shawn> does anyone know where I can get ENSCRIPT for sun4
Shawn> machines? the source would be fine (in fact, preferred!).
Shawn> I've tried using the archie facility at McGill but no
Shawn> luck in source or executable.

enscript is part of the transcript utilities from Adobe... You'll
need to buy/license it... A similar ASCII->PS filter is a2ps which
can be found at comp.sources.unix (or was it misc) archives...

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan@peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin@iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (01/19/91)

In article <SHAWN.91Jan15161239@litsun8.litsun.epfl.edu> shawn@litsun.epfl.ch:
> does anyone know where I can get ENSCRIPT for sun4 machines?
> the source would be fine (in fact, preferred!).
> Does anyone know where I should be looking? if at all??

In yer phone book for Adobe Systems.  Enscript is part of a software
package called Transcript.  It is not public domain, and sources are
not readily available (if at all).  As an alternative, call your Sun
dealer and inquire about their postscript printing packages.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                 ...uunet!rosevax!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john

brown@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) (01/20/91)

<
<In yer phone book for Adobe Systems.  Enscript is part of a software
<package called Transcript.  It is not public domain, and sources are
<not readily available (if at all).  As an alternative, call your Sun
<dealer and inquire about their postscript printing packages.

A source license to TranScript is available from Adobe.
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\        spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown

snichols@adobe.com (Sherri Nichols) (01/22/91)

In article <586@newave.UUCP> john@newave.mn.org (John A. Weeks III) writes:
>In yer phone book for Adobe Systems.  Enscript is part of a software
>package called Transcript.  It is not public domain, and sources are
>not readily available (if at all).

Not true.  Source licenses are as available from Adobe for TranScript as
binary licenses.

Sherri Nichols
snichols@adobe