[net.micro] Buying floppy disks...etc

MEAD@USC-ECLC.arpa (Dick) (07/24/86)

I will never pay $5.00 each for floppy disks! I don't care what the
warranty says. I have, for years, purchased the Cheapest diskettes I can
find for my systems, and I am using them on 96 TPI 800k 5-1/4 inch drives
two are even in 24 hour daily use on my BBS. I have found the OPUS SSSD disks
sold by Fedco at about $8.00 a box (last ones were 11 in a box) to ALWAYS
format, and except for physically wearing them oiut after months of 24 hours
of use, no other problems. Now I won't go so far as to say the DSDD and Quad
Density ratings pushed by some are simply a marketing ploy to get more
money out of you.................

.Dick.
-------