[comp.lang.postscript] Need PostScript Escape Font

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (01/30/91)

I have been told that there is a font for the Macintosh
that is a "postscript escape" font.  I.E. it is a font
that when used can "download" postscript code that is
imbedded in any document that uses this font.

Does anyone know if this font exists and if so where it
can be found?  It is not in the info-mac archives.

Thanks, John
--
=       John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Group          =
= e-mail:    ...uunet!motcid!derosaj, motcid!derosaj@uunet.uu.net          =

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (02/01/91)

In article <5712@crystal9.UUCP> derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) writes:
> I have been told that there is a font for the Macintosh
> that is a "postscript escape" font.  I.E. it is a font
> that when used can "download" postscript code that is
> imbedded in any document that uses this font.

I have only seen this in connection with Microsoft Word.  Perhaps your
local library has a book on Word, or maybe you can find a Word guru on
the net in comp.sys.mac.apps.

Another possible way to do this is warp your postscript in an EPS
(encapsulated postscript) header, then imbed your EPS "picture" in your
document.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                 ...uunet!rosevax!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john