[comp.lang.postscript] printing a PostScript file form MAC

asm@psuecl.bitnet (01/31/91)

This is the first time I am using Postscript. I am not able to print a
postscript file through MAC & MSWORD. I saved the file in the asci format,
still the output was only text. The program worked when I printed from the
 VAX using print command. Can any one help me?.

long@uhhacb.uhh.hawaii.edu (Long John) (02/02/91)

In article <1991Jan31.001237.580@psuecl.bitnet> asm@psuecl.bitnet writes:
>This is the first time I am using Postscript. I am not able to print a
>postscript file through MAC & MSWORD. I saved the file in the asci format,
>still the output was only text. The program worked when I printed from the
> VAX using print command. Can any one help me?.

Happily I can help! I just printed my first ps file 10 minutes ago!-)
What you need is a utility available via anonymous ftp. Get the file
sendps-20.hqx ( got it from sumex...(?))  the address of the sumex is
36.44.0.6   get into the /info-mac/util directory, and get sendps-20.hqx
unstuff it and run the app. It is small. Choose "download ps file"
(or something like that) from the file menu.

Couldn't believe it worked first try! Now, I'm looking for some stuff
to print? (any ftp sites anyone ?) BTW, It takes a loooooong time...

Hope I helped.
Thanks UseNetters!
LongJohn