[comp.lang.postscript] You want it? You got it! Here!

olsonr@acfcluster.nyu.edu (01/30/91)

Hello All

Hmm...almost as quickly as people responded to my questions, people
responded to my thank you note, complaining that I was hoarding information.
To those people, I'm sorry....I thought the messages were also posted on
the board for all the world to see, hear, and enjoy. Anyway, here is
what I found out:

You want visual PostScript?
You got it. In the form of GhostScript. GhostScript apparently can
be FTP'ed from prep.purdue.edu in the /pub directory. Apparently, (I
have not FTP'ed it yet so I cannot confirm) it is available in Unix,
as well as MS-DOS. I do not know how fast it is (Can somebody out there
tell me what it's like on a 286 machine w/VGA?) but I'm sure on a Vax
it's a screamer.

Fonts?

You got it. This FTP site has always been a favorite, but I did not
know they carried PS fonts.

cica.cica.indiana.edu in the pub/win3/fonts directory has 'em.

Posters?
I hope everybody got the idea that I was asking for a program that
printed things in the tens of thousands of points. I recieved a
program from one person and many references to the Blue Book from
others. (I will post the program contributor's name later...I can't
get to it right now...) I haven't compiled the program yet, but
it does in fact look very promising. I will tell you of my results,
.

To be honest, I thought something would happen if I posted a thank
you note, so I hope I have done something to make amends here...

Ron

olsonr@kramden.nyu.edu

"And this is the cream of our computer crop here at ....University,
a brand news Apple ][ with two disk drives..."

jeffe@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (George Jefferson ) (01/31/91)

:
:Hello All
.
.
.

:
:You got it. In the form of GhostScript. GhostScript apparently can
:be FTP'ed from prep.purdue.edu in the /pub directory. Apparently, (I

I was unable to connect to that address (whats the ip?).
Ghostscript _is_ available at prep.ai.mit.edu  /pub/gnu/ghostscript*

ps. Does anyone know what change/improvement was made from 2.0 to 2.1.1

--
-george            george@mech.seas.upenn.edu

cookc@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Chris Cook) (01/31/91)

>:You got it. In the form of GhostScript. GhostScript apparently can
>:be FTP'ed from prep.purdue.edu in the /pub directory. Apparently, (I
>
>I was unable to connect to that address (whats the ip?).
>Ghostscript _is_ available at prep.ai.mit.edu  /pub/gnu/ghostscript*

What about by mail?  We're not on the internet.  Does anyone have the address of a server that will supply it.  Got to go, having two wisdom teeth out this afternoon.....guuulp.

      Chris

bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) (02/05/91)

In article <1991Jan31.123041.28632@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk> cookc@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Chris Cook) writes:
      GhostScript apparently can be FTP'ed from prep.purdue.edu in the
      /pub directory.

(actually, it's prep.ai.mit.edu:pub/gnu/ghostscript*.)

   What about by mail?  We're not on the internet.  Does anyone have
   the address of a server that will supply it.

Use anonymous UUCP to osu-cis.  Write to uucp@cis.ohio-state.edu for
instructions if you need them.