[comp.lang.postscript] Manual feed with Adobe LaserJet II Cartridge

trevor@trevan.uucp (02/10/91)

Please can someone tell me how I can get the printer to prompt for
manaul feed. I have down loaded the PDF file from Adobe and using this
I tried

	statusdict begin /manualfeed true store end

I get the FEED MANUAL prompt for a few seconds and then it goes away.
I want the printer to wait for manual feed.

--
				regards trevor
						trevor@trevan.uucp

woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) (02/12/91)

In article <1991Feb10.000134.16805@trevan.uucp>, trevor@trevan.uucp writes:
> Please can someone tell me how I can get the printer to prompt for
> I get the FEED MANUAL prompt for a few seconds and then it goes away.

Set the default timeouts.
statusdict begin 0 exitserver
30 60 30 setdefaulttimeouts

sets the job timeout to 30 (the first param), the manual feed timout
to 60 and the serial communication timout to 30 seconds.  Experiment.
Normall this is 0 60 30, so if the manualfeed is to short, change it to
some larger number
Cheers
Woody

amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allen J Michielsen) (02/12/91)

In article <1850@chinacat.Unicom.COM> woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) writes:
>In article <1991Feb10.000134.16805@trevan.uucp>, trevor@trevan.uucp writes:
>> Please can someone tell me how I can get the printer to prompt for
>> I get the FEED MANUAL prompt for a few seconds and then it goes away.
>sets the job timeout to 30 (the first param), the manual feed timout
>to 60 and the serial communication timout to 30 seconds.  Experiment.
>Normall this is 0 60 30, so if the manualfeed is to short, change it to

   I thought that the timeout on the manual feed was supposed to cause the
page to be thrown away.  Didn't he say that the printer printed it ???
Am I wrong, on 1 or both counts, or is this a 'feature' of the hp/adobe
cartridge ?
al

--
Al. Michielsen, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Syracuse University
 InterNet: amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu  amichiel@sunrise.acs.syr.edu