[comp.lang.postscript] bar code

heygel@rutishauser.inf.ethz.ch (Reto Heygel) (01/14/91)

I'm looking for a postscript barcode font. Does anyone knows where I can
get one?

I was searching through lots of font directories but couldn't find. Is there
maybe another name for "barcode"?

			Thanx a lot for any help

				-- Reto Heygel

tjc@castle.ed.ac.uk (A J Cunningham) (01/15/91)

In article <21044@neptune.inf.ethz.ch> heygel@rutishauser.inf.ethz.ch (Reto Heygel) writes:

>I was searching through lots of font directories but couldn't find. Is there
>maybe another name for "barcode"?

	It depends on what format of barcode you want to print. I've
seen PostScript fonts for some.
	Tony

--
Tony Cunningham, Edinburgh University Computing Service. tjc@castle.ed.ac.uk

		If a man among you got no sin upon his hand
	    Let him cast a stone at me for playing in the band.

bb@sandbar.cis.ufl.edu (Brian Bartholomew) (01/15/91)

(Reto Heygel) writes:

> I'm looking for a postscript barcode font. Does anyone knows where I
> can get one?

In an attempt to help many people at once, I am posting this reply.  I
have copies of two Postscript barcode fonts that I have collected off
this group at one time or another.  One is of type "3 of 9", which can
encode numbers, uppercase letters, and some punctuation.  The other is
of type "UPC".  Both fonts function, but other than that I don't know
too much more about them.  Anyone who wants a uuencoded tarfile of
these fonts (including the original poster) should send mail to:

	bb@math.ufl.edu

--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo."
Brian Bartholomew	UUCP:       ...gatech!uflorida!mathlab.math.ufl.edu!bb

scarpell@cnca.cnca-cam.fr (Claude Scarpelli) (02/20/91)

[I post it for a friend who doesn't have news access. Please
 reply to her directly]

I have to print bar codes on small labels on a Postscript printer.
Thus I am interested in a program that would do that or for the
Postscript fonts, for the different bar code systems.
Since I don't read this group, please e-mail me directly.

Patricia RODRIGUEZ-TOME
Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain,  Genethon Project
Internet : pat@genethon.fr