[comp.lang.postscript] High resolution postscript printers

haim@grumpy.sarnoff.com (Haim Shvaytser x2085) (02/21/91)

Are you using postscript (laser) printers with resolution greater
than 300 dpi? I would greatly appreciate information on such
printers.

haim@vision.sarnoff.com

dave.intercon.com (David S Saunders) (02/23/91)

In article <929@grumpy.sarnoff.com>, haim@grumpy.sarnoff.com (Haim Shvaytser
x2085) writes:
> From: haim@grumpy.sarnoff.com (Haim Shvaytser x2085)
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.postscript
> Subject: High resolution postscript printers
> Date: 21 Feb 91 06:37:26 GMT
>
> Are you using postscript (laser) printers with resolution greater
> than 300 dpi? I would greatly appreciate information on such
> printers.
>
> haim@vision.sarnoff.com

I have used the Varityper VT-600p for about two years and am very impressed by
its performance. We bought it before the existance of their new toner
replenishing unit and consistantly used it between 4 and 5 times the
recommended monthly duty-cycle. This caused a few problems, but the people at
Varityper always promptly and professionally repaired any problems that were
caused by our abuse. A very nice 600DPI lazer printer.

P.S. I have have experience with the new 20" wide Linotronic 530. A very studly
machine.

-Dave

{:-) Smile. It scares people. (-8