[comp.lang.postscript] Postscript Lang Journal

p_davis@epik.enet.dec.com (Peter Davis) (02/12/91)

In article <8009@umd5.umd.edu>, wchan@umd5.umd.edu (Winthrop D Chan) writes...
>I recently came across a periodical in our library titled the "Postscript
>Language Journal."

Funny, I came across it in our library too.  It looked good enough that I sent
in a check for a 1 year subscription.  They collected on my check, and that was
the last I ever heard from them.  This was about 3 or 4 months ago.

-pd

kaz@nanovx.UUCP (Mike Kazmierczak) (02/13/91)

In article <20094@shlump.nac.dec.com> p_davis@epik.enet.dec.com (Peter Davis) writes:
>Funny, I came across it in our library too.  It looked good enough that I sent
>in a check for a 1 year subscription.  They collected on my check, and that was
>the last I ever heard from them.  This was about 3 or 4 months ago.

Slack is these guys middle name. I got a subscription about 2 years ago.  I did
get three very nice issues and that was it.  There is still several issues
remaining on my subscription.  Write them and they will answer (they did for
me) and probably offer you your money back.  When it comes out it is very nice.
I have vol. 2 #1-3.

Mike Kazmierczak
gatech.edu!beow.uucp!mike

lee@sq.sq.com (Liam R. E. Quin) (02/16/91)

kaz@nanovx.UUCP (Mike Kazmierczak) and p_davis@epik.enet.dec.com
(Peter Davis) describe problems with the getting PostScript Language Journal.

I can't say that I've done much better than them, but if you are outside the
USA you can contact the editor of the International Edition, Richard Davies
at Datazone Ltd., at 133a Notting Hill Gate, London (I think).

They seem to me to be a lot more conscientious, and you can get subscriptions
directly from them.

Lee

--
Liam R. E. Quin,  lee@sq.com, SoftQuad Inc., Toronto, +1 (416) 963-8337

shiva@well.sf.ca.us (Kenneth Porter) (02/23/91)

Pipeline Associates has a publishing reputation for being
intermittent. I received a years worth of issues a couple of
years ago, renewed, and now I can't remember seeing a new issue
for quite some time.  The Journal is nominally issued
quarterly.  Their email address was posted on Christmas day:
uunet!motown!pipeline!{user}.