[comp.lang.postscript] Font Proofsheets

mike@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael Hawley) (03/08/91)

Can someone point me to a program that
generates reasonably decent proofsheets for
a give PostScript font and size?
A program in C, PostScript, shell, NextStep, ... anything.
Thanks.

Michael Hawley
MIT Media Laboratory
mike@media-lab.mit.edu

johnm@spudge.UUCP (John Munsch) (03/09/91)

In article <5460@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU> mike@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael Hawley) writes:
>Can someone point me to a program that
>generates reasonably decent proofsheets for
>a give PostScript font and size?

Please summarize the responses you receive.  I've been interested in what
constitutes a "good" proofsheet in most peoples opinions and what code is
out there for generating them.

John Munsch
"Go buy some more Mac Classics, Apple has lawyers to pay."

typ125m@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (John Wilkins) (03/11/91)

johnm@spudge.UUCP (John Munsch) writes:

>In article <5460@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU> mike@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael Hawley) writes:
>>Can someone point me to a program that
>>generates reasonably decent proofsheets for
>>a give PostScript font and size?

>Please summarize the responses you receive.  I've been interested in what
>constitutes a "good" proofsheet in most peoples opinions and what code is
>out there for generating them.

I like Typebook, which with Resedit can be adapted to your site, for
the Mac. It's available in the info-mac directory on sumex, I believe.

--
John Wilkins, Manager, Publishing & Advertising, Monash University
Melbourne, Australia - Internet: john@publications.ccc.monash.edu.au