[comp.lang.postscript] Downloaded fonts ... a couple of questions

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (03/05/91)

I have finally bought ATM for windows and had some of PS questions ...

1) I picked up >100 fonts (type1) via ftp, and was wondering what happens to
   the fonts that are downloaded after the print job is done.  It is my
   assumption that they stay there taking up memory.

   If that is the case, is there some easy way to flush them out?

   If I "redownload" (windows doesn't know if they are there already) the same
   font (without having flushed it since that last use) will the unique id of
   the font do anything (overwrite the first copy, make a second copy taking
   up more mem, or what)?

2) What if anything needs to be done so that these fonts can be shared with a
   MAC with ATM?

leoh@hdw.csd.harris.com         	Leo Hinds       	(305)973-5229
Gfx ... gfx ... :-) whfg orpnhfr V "ebg"grq zl fvtangher svyr lbh guvax V nz n
creireg ?!!!!!!? ... znlor arkg gvzr

tts@ttank.ttank.com (Karl Bunch) (03/06/91)

In <2489@travis.csd.harris.com> leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) wrote:

>I have finally bought ATM for windows and had some of PS questions ...

>1) I picked up >100 fonts (type1) via ftp, and was wondering what happens to ..

I picked these up too.. But.. I am using an HP LaserJet III -w- HP PS
cart.  I want to use the fonts from Unix.  I don't have the ATM etc to
download the fonts.  All the .pfb files have some binary junk on the begining
of them etc.  How can I download and use the fonts without the ATM under
Unix?

Thanks in advance,

Karl
--
% ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
% Karl Bunch                            ||| UUCP: ..!uunet!zardoz!ttank!karl

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (03/06/91)

In article <2489@travis.csd.harris.com> I wrote:
>1) I picked up >100 fonts (type1) via ftp ...

I have received quite a few email messages on this asking where the fonts
are ... I got them from cica.caica.indiana.edu in the directory
/pub/pc/win3/fonts.

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (03/11/91)

In article <2489@travis.csd.harris.com> I wrote:
>I have received quite a few email messages on this asking where the fonts
>are ... I got them from cica.caica.indiana.edu in the directory
                              ^^^^^
I made a type (thanks Steve) ... the correct location is cica.cica.indiana.edu