[comp.lang.postscript] secret fun things to do with HP LJ III with PostScript?

richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) (04/14/91)

A few months back Chris Torek posted an article pointing out some nifty
undocumented features of the HP LJ II with a PostScript cartridge
installed.  Does anyone have any such goodies for the LJ III?

Some pointers on how to discover such things would be most appreciated.
I know how to do a simple dump of the dictionaries, but what does it
all mean?

thanks

--
Richard Foulk		richard@pegasus.com

chanel@mensa.usc.edu (chanel summers) (04/15/91)

Richard Foulk asks:

> A few months back Chris Torek posted an article pointing out some nifty
> undocumented features of the HP LJ II with a PostScript cartridge
> installed.

Can anyone mail me a copy of the above-referenced article?  Thanks!

Chanel

richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) (04/16/91)

>> A few months back Chris Torek posted an article pointing out some nifty
>> undocumented features of the HP LJ II with a PostScript cartridge
>> installed.
>
>Can anyone mail me a copy of the above-referenced article?  Thanks!

A number of people have asked me for this by mail too, so here it is:

--
Richard Foulk		richard@pegasus.com

jalsop@seachg.uucp (John Alsop) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr16.152454.6551@pegasus.com> richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:

>| The HP LaserJet II has a front panel.  The PostScript interpreter
>| can write to the front panel, but the method is secret.
>|
>| ..... interesting details omitted .......

Anyone have similar information for a NEC LC890 printer?  (It also has a
front panel!).

--
John Alsop

Sea Change Corporation