[comp.lang.postscript] anyone try T-script?

cliff@spdcc.COM (Cliff Spencer) (04/18/91)

I saw a blurb  in MacWeek for T-script, a software PosctScript
interpreter running on the Mac. I've ordered one from MacConnection
for $90. Does anyone know anything about T-script?
							-cliff

--
Cliff Spencer 		cspencer@spdcc.com

andrew@visix.com (Andrew Bernard) (04/22/91)

In article <7347@spdcc.SPDCC.COM> cliff@ursa-major.spdcc.com (Cliff Spencer) writes:
>I saw a blurb  in MacWeek for T-script, a software PosctScript
>interpreter running on the Mac. I've ordered one from MacConnection
>for $90. Does anyone know anything about T-script?
>							-cliff

I wrote the Mac _T-script_ up until version 1.2, including the time while it
was called _MacRIP_ (we had to change the name since Birmysetter(?) had the
trademark).  I haven't kept in touch with my old company (TeleTypesetting Co.),
so I can't tell you anything about the new version.

The earlier versions had all the documented PostScript operators plus lots
of bells and whistles, including an interactive text editor.  The only
problem was that our company didn't have the resources to properly
market+maintain it, so it was never a really polished product.  _Freedom
of Press_ really clobbered us in sales.  I'm somewhat surprised to see it's
being sold through MacConnection, since we'd relied almost completely on
direct sales in the past.

I'd also be curious to hear about peoples' experience with
_T-script/MacRIP_, old+new.

--
     andrew bernard              ring the doorbell on your mind
    software engineer            but it's locked from the outside