[comp.lang.postscript] Postscript inside a MicroSoft Word for the MAC

amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allen J Michielsen) (04/18/91)

  I have a user that has a very simple postscript program that now
kinda needs to be included in a ms-word-mac file.  I remember clearly
that is can be done rather easily.  First I sent them off to figure it out,
and when they came back, I got stuck 'teaching' them.  However, without
the manual (yea that's always nice), I dug and dug in the stupid menu's
and couldn't find any reference to it either.  I suspect it's very easy
and stupid, but what can I say, I don't use ms-word to speak of, ...
I even tried seemingly random control characters (the bag and sticks approach)
to no avail...    Can somebody please....
thanks
al

--
Al. Michielsen, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Syracuse University
 InterNet: amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu  amichiel@sunrise.acs.syr.edu

brownd@agnes.acc.stolaf.edu (David H. Brown) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr17.202719.14746@rodan.acs.syr.edu> amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allen J Michielsen) writes:

>  I have a user that has a very simple postscript program that now
>kinda needs to be included in a ms-word-mac file.  I remember clearly
>that is can be done rather easily.
[...]
>thanks
>--
>Al. Michielsen, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Syracuse University
> InterNet: amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu  amichiel@sunrise.acs.syr.edu
> Bitnet: AMICHIEL@SUNRISE

	You need to access the automatic style "PostScript". Go into
Format/Define Styles... and enter "PostScript" (don't include the quotes, of
course, and be sure to use an upper-case 'S' and no space). It will ask if
you wish to use the default; that would be a good thing! Now, any paragraph
you format as PostScript text will be sent to the LW (or whatever) almost
automatically. There are a few interesting things having to do with the
PS environment within Word which you should really check out... see the
reference manual under "PostScript" (pp. 284 ff) and also a couple of
examples which should be in some folder which came with the program. If you
don't bother (or don't have a manual... naughty, naughty!), at least remember
not to include <showpage> in the PostScript code! (Well, unless that's the
point, but it would probably really mess up the rest of your document.)

Dave Brown (brownd@agnes.acc.stolaf.edu)