[comp.lang.postscript] Attempting to add new fonts to printing environment

lwv27@CAS.BITNET (Larry W. Virden ext. 2487) (04/22/91)

What tips could be provided for an environment running FrameMaker and
TransScript on Sun machines with regards to adding additional fonts
for printing via FM, nroff, etc.?

Where should I start reading on this subject?

Thanks!
--
Larry W. Virden                 UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27
Same Mbox: BITNET: lwv27@cas    INET: lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu

clewis@ferret.ocunix.on.ca (Chris Lewis) (04/26/91)

In article <9104221217.AA13131@cas.org> lwv27@CAS.BITNET (Larry W. Virden ext. 2487) writes:
>What tips could be provided for an environment running FrameMaker and
>TransScript on Sun machines with regards to adding additional fonts
>for printing via FM, nroff, etc.?

>Where should I start reading on this subject?

If you're referring to adding fonts for ditroff via Transcript, you
should consult the man page font(5), which tells you how to build
width tables, and there should be some documentation for the makedev
utility which you may need to convert the width tables to the binary
format needed by most versions of ditroff.  I'm not sure whether
there's any point in changing the font that nroff uses, because nroff
assumes that the font is constant width, and most of them aren't.

I have no info about FM.
--
Chris Lewis, Phone: (613) 832-0541, Domain: clewis@ferret.ocunix.on.ca