[comp.lang.postscript] Mac PS previewer wanted

carol@pilot.njin.net (Steve Carol) (05/07/91)

Hope this isn't a FAQ:  Can anyone direct me to a PD previewer for
PostScript?  I'm beginning to poke around with the language and would
like to see the results on-screen.  I've got a Macintosh environment
(various machines), MS Word 4.0, Laserwriters.

Thanks in advance for references to archives, digests, other
references, etc.

Steve Carol
Executive Director, Information Technology Services
Atlantic Community College
Mays Landing, NJ 08330
609/343-4910
Carol@Pilot.NJIN.Net

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (05/09/91)

In article <May.7.09.00.40.1991.12547@pilot.njin.net> carol@pilot.njin.net (Steve Carol) writes:
> Hope this isn't a FAQ:  Can anyone direct me to a PD previewer for
> PostScript?  I'm beginning to poke around with the language and would
> like to see the results on-screen.

Check out Freedom Of The Press Light version 3.0.1.  It is a new update,
and it features a screen previewer for postscript.  It will display a
B&W image and color using the standard 8 colors.  It seems to work very
well with MacDraw and UltraPaint.  It is not the most speedy program, but
it is surprisingly fast compared with older versions of Freedom Of The
Press.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969             john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications, Ltd.                        ...uunet!tcnet!newave!john

tony@tui.marcam.dsir.govt.nz (Tony Cooper) (05/10/91)

In article <817@newave.UUCP>, john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) writes:
|> Check out Freedom Of The Press Light version 3.0.1.  It is a new update,
|> and it features a screen previewer for postscript.  It will display a
|> B&W image and color using the standard 8 colors.  It seems to work very
|> well with MacDraw and UltraPaint.  It is not the most speedy program, but
|> it is surprisingly fast compared with older versions of Freedom Of The
|> Press.

Just to add: If you want to do Postscript -> PICT use FOP (any version) with
the Quickdraw device Print2Pict (available from your favourite archive).

Tony Cooper
sramtrc@albert.dsir.govt.nz