[comp.lang.postscript] Error handlers

lrb@alex.ctrg.rri.uwo.ca (Lance R. Bailey) (05/22/91)

In article <1991May8.075450.3807@newsserver.sfu.ca> shephard@newsserver.sfu.ca (Gordon Shephard) writes:
>Does anyone know o a converter, or a likely site for a converter, that
>will take Epson FX output and convert it to Postscript?

i've just finished work on a 'prelude' file that turns the postscript
printer into an Epson, from then on all text sent to the laser is treated
as if the the Laser were an Epson. handles most of the Escape sequences
[that _I_ find useful]. The idea is to send this file to the laser first.
the program kicks out when a "%!" is encountered at start of a line (ie: when
real code is encountered. works nicely (IMHO).

NOW, what I would like to do is have this code be the default error handler,
ie: if a bad command is encountered, then the remainder of currentfile is
dumped out as if it were intended for an Epson. Worst case would have a bad
program dumped to the paper.

I have been looking at Andy Shore's ehandler that I snapped off the net in '86
but can only get the offending command out, I try to grab the rest of the
currentfile with

              20 766 moveto/command load prnt
              {   currentfile str readline
                  { (^L) search {Mshow pop/Li 70 def} if
                    Li 66 gt {showpage /Li 1 def 20 766 moveto} if
                    Mshow
                  }
                  {exit} ifelse
              } loop showpage

but this kicks out immediatly without any more text being shown. is the
currentfile flushed on error? I thought that was done in the system
errorhandler but I call that after the above code.

--
Lance R. Bailey  Systems Manager        box: Robarts Research Institute
          email: lrb@rri.uwo.ca              Clinical Trials Resources Group