[comp.lang.postscript] Printing on both sides...

grover@big-joe.cs.unlv.edu (Kevin Grover) (05/23/91)

In article <tarrall.674973478@yertle.Colorado.EDU>, tarrall@news.Colorado.EDU (Counselor Neon) writes:
) From: tarrall@news.Colorado.EDU (Counselor Neon)
) Subject: Printing on both sides...
) Date: Wed, 22 May 91 21:37:58 PDT
)
) OK, I know this must have been posted before, but no answers or FAQ lists
) appear in my article list, so here goes :
)
)  I have two separate files, one in PS format and one in text format.  I would
) like to print both of these on the same sheet of paper, one on each side, on
) a PS printer from UNIX.  I can convert the text file to PS format (we have
) enscript) but I don't know how to do the double page stuff.  I know about the
) -K2 option to lpr, but it doesn't work in this case (either because these are
) two separate files or because there is some other problem...)
)  The PS file is a single-page plot generated by IDL, if that matters.
)  Am I missing some wonderful utility, am I overlooking some obvious option in
) lpr, or is some command in one of the files preventing them from coming out on
) the same page?
) 							-Robert.-

On our printer, Imagen 5200, I would do that with:

cat file1.ps file2.ps | lpr -Fd			(-Fd does double sided here.)

I have no clue if it's standard, but you could try it.

--
  | Kevin Grover             UNLV Computer Science  |     Home of the      |