[comp.lang.postscript] How to get ghostscript?

graham@convex.com (Marv Graham) (05/31/91)

Ghostscript is said to be availble from prep/ai/mit/edu.  They never answer
the ftp "phone" - no one is ever there.  Is there another ftp site that has
what's said to be in /pub/gnu/ghostscript at prep.ai.mit.edu?

Marv Graham; Convex Computer Corp.  {uunet,sun,uiucdcs,allegra}!convex!graham
					graham@mozart.convex.com

cdh@specialix.co.uk (Alan Drew) (06/01/91)

graham@convex.com (Marv Graham) writes:

>Ghostscript is said to be availble from prep/ai/mit/edu.  They never answer
>the ftp "phone" - no one is ever there.  Is there another ftp site that has
>what's said to be in /pub/gnu/ghostscript at prep.ai.mit.edu?

>Marv Graham; Convex Computer Corp.  {uunet,sun,uiucdcs,allegra}!convex!graham
>					graham@mozart.convex.com
--------------------------------------^^^^^
as uunet are just up the road from you (as it were) why don't you try
uunet.uu.net

	they are curently holding 2.1.1 ghostscript plus the fonts plus some
other bits, I know it works, I pulled it off myself yesterday (30-5-91).

Magic Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck

CDH

--
I am not responsible for this posting. I must have left myself logged in again.

tower@buitc.bu.edu (Leonard (Len) H. Tower Jr.) (06/02/91)

In article <1991May31.153025.6041@convex.com> graham@convex.com (Marv Graham) writes:
|Ghostscript is said to be availble from prep/ai/mit/edu.  They never
answer

no slashes.  use dots:	prep.ai.mit.edu

|the ftp "phone" - no one is ever there.  Is there another ftp site that has
|what's said to be in /pub/gnu/ghostscript at prep.ai.mit.edu?
|
|Marv Graham; Convex Computer Corp.  {uunet,sun,uiucdcs,allegra}!convex!graham
|					graham@mozart.convex.com

questions about GNU and FSF and their software can be asked of
	gnu@prep.ai.mit.edu

prep.ai.mit.edu is definitely there for anonymous ftp, user
`anonymous' passwd `YOUR_LOGIN_NAME'.  Make sure you transfer in
binary mode.  The command to use on most Unixes is `ftp'.  `man ftp'
for details.

Marv:

you should have your system administrator find out why you can get to
prep.ai.mit.edu (use ping, traceroute, talking to your regional
network staff et al).

enjoy -len