[comp.lang.postscript] cexec ??

vanderli@orion.fccc.edu (Michel van der List) (06/03/91)

Is there anybody out there who can give me some information on the cexec
operator??

--
--------------------+----------------------------+-----------------------------
Michel van der List |        If I think of       | The Fox Chase Cancer Center

rberlin@birdland.Eng.Sun.COM (Rich Berlin) (06/07/91)

vanderli@orion.fccc.edu (Michel van der List) writes:
> Is there anybody out there who can give me some information on the cexec
> operator??

It's the operator that renders encrypted CharStrings entries in Adobe Type-1 fonts.  See
the "Adobe Type 1 Font Format" book,  Adobe part number LPS0064, for details.

-- Rich

martin@grandcru.uni-kl.de (Martin Richartz) (06/07/91)

In article <14652@exodus.Eng.Sun.COM>, rberlin@birdland.Eng.Sun.COM (Rich Berlin) writes:

|> vanderli@orion.fccc.edu (Michel van der List) writes:
|> > Is there anybody out there who can give me some information on the cexec
|> > operator??
|>
|> It's the operator that renders encrypted CharStrings entries in Adobe Type-1 fonts.  See
|> the "Adobe Type 1 Font Format" book,  Adobe part number LPS0064, for details.
|>
|> -- Rich

Not quite.

It's eexec that Rich is referring to (note the e in front of eexec), but the
question was about cexec (again, note the c ...) that allows to download
machine code to the PostScript interpreter (68000 code, portable, huh?).

It is described in some Adobe developers packet which I'm not having access
to, so could somebody with some more witness about it give some highlighting
information about cexec? (Of course, without violating some license agreement
with Adobe :-) )

--
Martin Richartz  Telematics Group, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
                 richartz@informatik.uni-kl.de