[comp.lang.postscript] Error in Blue Book ?

parker@geomag.gly.fsu.edu (Bill Parker) (06/06/91)

Keywords:Circular text, Blue Book, error
Distribution:na

I think I have found an error in Adobe's Blue Book, specifically
in the code for the Circular Text (Program 10). I need this
routine but keep getting an "out of range error" when the
example is executed. HELP!

Does anyone know of "corrected code" on an FTP server?
Has anyone else had this problem?

Bill Parker parker@geomag.gly.fsu.edu

isaak@imagen.com (mark isaak) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun6.141025.16592@mailer.cc.fsu.edu> parker@geomag.gly.fsu.edu (Bill Parker) writes:
>I think I have found an error in Adobe's Blue Book, specifically
>in the code for the Circular Text (Program 10). I need this
>routine but keep getting an "out of range error"

I seem to remember this problem coming up before.  The source
of confusion is a narrow space character in the listing.
What looks like "() dup ..." should be "( ) dup ...".
--
Mark Isaak    imagen!isaak@decwrl.dec.com  or  {decwrl,sun}!imagen!isaak
"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies." - Nietzsche

jos@bull.nl (Jos Vos) (06/10/91)

In article <1991Jun6.141025.16592@mailer.cc.fsu.edu> parker@geomag.gly.fsu.edu (Bill Parker) writes:

>I think I have found an error in Adobe's Blue Book, specifically
>in the code for the Circular Text (Program 10). I need this
>routine but keep getting an "out of range error" when the
>example is executed. HELP!

You probably wrote '() dup...' (at two places in the program) i.s.o.
'( ) dup...'. The blank is there, so it is no error in the book.
But printing programs in fixed-width fonts would make it more
readable...

--
--    Jos Vos <jos@bull.nl>    (UUCP: ...!{uunet,mcsun,hp4nl}!nlbull!jos)
--    Bull Nederland NV, Product Support Unix, Amsterdam, The Netherlands