[comp.lang.postscript] Including postscript output from spoof in Framemaker documents

kck@g.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Karl Kluge) (06/19/91)

I want to include postscript figures generated by spoof in a Framemaker
document. Framemaker seems not to want to treat the postscript file as
a graphic. Is it because the postscript output from spoof isn't encapsulated
postscript? If so, what magic do I have to do to the file to make it
encapsulated? (I looked in the postscript language manual index, and there
didn't seem to be anything there). If anyone knows the solution to my
problem here, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Karl Kluge (kck@g.cs.cmu.edu)

jansteen@cwi.nl (Jan van der Steen) (06/19/91)

kck@g.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Karl Kluge) writes:

>I want to include postscript figures generated by spoof in a Framemaker
>document. Framemaker seems not to want to treat the postscript file as
>a graphic. Is it because the postscript output from spoof isn't encapsulated
>postscript? If so, what magic do I have to do to the file to make it
>encapsulated? (I looked in the postscript language manual index, and there
>didn't seem to be anything there). If anyone knows the solution to my
>problem here, I'd be very grateful.

>Thanks,

A normal Encapsulated PostScript header is something like:

%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-1.2
%%Title: Outline specification of the CWI logo anno 1991
%%Creator: Jan van der Steen (CST)
%%Creationdate: May 21 1991
%%BoundingBox: 7 9 95 121
%%EndComments

From these lines the first one ("%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-1.2") is
essential to Frame. Without this line it doesn't recognise
the imported file being Encapsulated PostScript.
The 5th ("%%BoundingBox: 7 9 95 121") is essential for
Encapsulated PostScript files in general, specifying the
pyhisical size of the object in default user space.

	Jan van der Steen

     Jan van der Steen                 jansteen@cwi.nl
     Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI)

leeh7@fel.tno.nl (Ed van Leeuwen) (06/20/91)

kck@g.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Karl Kluge) writes:

>I want to include postscript figures generated by spoof in a Framemaker
>document. Framemaker seems not to want to treat the postscript file as
>a graphic. Is it because the postscript output from spoof isn't encapsulated
>postscript? If so, what magic do I have to do to the file to make it
>encapsulated? (I looked in the postscript language manual index, and there
>didn't seem to be anything there). If anyone knows the solution to my
>problem here, I'd be very grateful.

For whom who wants to know:

You do not need to mess around with Postscript or EPS headers when im-
porting this into Framemaker. Both can be done directly from within
Framemaker.

EPS can be imported as a graphic and PS can be imported using the
Format->Flow option (first create a text frame and put the insertion
point in it).

						Regards,

						Ed.

Ed van Leeuwen                        |  Ed W.A. van Leeuwen

Fysisch en Elektronisch Laboratorium  |  TNO Physics and Electronics Laboratory
                                  TNO |
Oude Waalsdorperweg 63                |  Oude Waalsdorperweg 63
2597 AK  's-GRAVENHAGE                |  2597 AK  THE HAGUE
                                      |  THE NETHERLANDS
Postbus 96864                         |  P.O.Box 96864
2509 JG  's-GRAVENHAGE                |  2509 JG  THE HAGUE
                                      |  THE NETHERLANDS

Telefoon 070 - 3264221                |  Phone   +31 70 3264221
Telefax  070 - 3280961                |  Telefax +31 70 3280961
                        Ed.van.Leeuwen@fel.tno.nl