[comp.lang.postscript] Adobe psrev replacement?

brown@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) (06/12/91)

Does anyone know of a program (source code) that replaces the Adobe TranScript
psrev program?  The psrev program is so out-of-date that it doesn't understand
documents conforming to level three.  I use groff for PostScript generation.
But, because I include some other PostScript EPS files in my code, the psrev
program gets lost on counting pages because of the extra %%Trailer, etc.

I'd prefer to go to a PostScript page grabber program that is up-to-date.
I can only anonuucp from places, I cannot ftp from anywhere.  If there is
something on uunet, I can get it (anonuucp).

Thanks for your help.
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\          spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown

snichols@adobe.com (Sherri Nichols) (06/12/91)

In article <1925@vidiot.UUCP> brown@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) writes:

>Does anyone know of a program (source code) that replaces the Adobe TranScript
>psrev program?  The psrev program is so out-of-date that it doesn't understand
>documents conforming to level three.  I use groff for PostScript generation.
>But, because I include some other PostScript EPS files in my code, the psrev
>program gets lost on counting pages because of the extra %%Trailer, etc.

Adobe has announced a new release of TranScript, which, among other things,
fixes this problem.  Source code is available.

Sherri Nichols
snichols@adobe.com

brown@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) (06/14/91)

<>
<
<Adobe has announced a new release of TranScript, which, among other things,
<fixes this problem.  Source code is available.

Unfortunately, due to other major expenses, I cannot afford the new version. :-(
--

karl@cs.umb.edu (Karl Berry) (06/27/91)

> Adobe has announced a new release of TranScript, which, among other things,
For those of you who don't want to (or can't afford to) pay thousands of
dollars for software, and/or want the source code, you can get James
Clark's freely redistributable lprps spooler and psrev and textps
programs from:

ftp.cs.umb.edu[192.12.26.23]:pub/misc/lprps.tar.Z

karl@cs.umb.edu

snichols@adobe.com (Sherri Nichols) (06/28/91)

In article <KARL.91Jun26175214@ra.cs.umb.edu> karl@cs.umb.edu writes:
>> Adobe has announced a new release of TranScript, which, among other things,
>For those of you who don't want to (or can't afford to) pay thousands of
>dollars for software, and/or want the source code

Just to correct any possible mis-understandings, you *can* get the source
code for TranScript from Adobe.  There seems to be a common misperception
that you can't.

Sherri Nichols
snichols@adobe.com