[comp.lang.postscript] ASCII -> Postscript

jmiller@bgsuvax.UUCP (Jim Miller) (04/03/89)

Greetings.
   Sorry to bother the net with this,  but here goes.....

A while back, some one mentioned an ASCII to Postscript converter that
did some nice things (multi-col formatting, line numbers, etc)....

Could someone please let me know where this can be found?

Please reply via E-mail so as not to bother the net.....

Thanks in advance,

Jim

/******************************************************************************
 * Jim Miller                       *   Internet: jmiller@andy.bgsu.edu       *
 * Computer Technician              *       UUCP: ...!osu-cis!bgsuvax!jmiller *
 * University Computer Services     *     BITNET: JMILLER@BGSUOPIE            *
 * Bowling Green State University   *                                         *
 ******************************************************************************/

dfarrow@auc.trw.com (Dave Farrow) (06/25/91)

I am looking for a public domain package to convert ASCII files to Postscript
so I can print them out. Is there any such being? Please respond through email.

-dave
dfarrow@dora.csn.edu

bill@twg.bc.ca (Bill Irwin) (06/30/91)

dfarrow@auc.trw.com (Dave Farrow) writes:

: I am looking for a public domain package to convert ASCII files to Postscript
: so I can print them out. Is there any such being? Please respond through email.

I was given a utility called "asc2ps" which I use for printing
man pages on our TI microLaser, after processing them through
"awf".  It works fine.  Let me know if you would like me to mail
it.

: -dave
: dfarrow@dora.csn.edu
--
Bill Irwin    -       The Westrheim Group     -    Vancouver, BC, Canada
uunet!van-bc!twg!bill     (604) 431-9600 (voice) |     Your Computer

kk@hpl-opus.hpl.hp.com (Konstantinos Konstantinides) (07/01/91)

/ hpl-opus:comp.lang.postscript / dfarrow@auc.trw.com (Dave Farrow) /  2:52 pm  Jun 24, 1991 /
>I am looking for a public domain package to convert ASCII files to Postscript
>so I can print them out. Is there any such being? Please respond through email.

>-dave
>dfarrow@dora.csn.edu
You should get psf.

K. Konstantinides