[alt.sources] PICNIX 2.0

wnp@killer.UUCP (Wolf Paul) (02/02/88)

In article <1047@maynard.BSW.COM> campbell@maynard.BSW.COM (Larry Campbell) writes:
>>>For those of us poor souls that cant ftp anonymous... will a kind soul
>>>who can please post PICNIX 2.0 ?
>> Please post it twice.  Somebody, somewhere, will miss at least one of
>> the parts if it's only posted once.
>No, better yet -- post it about twenty times.  Also you should post it
>to every newsgroup, just to make sure it gets to every machine and every
>user.  Maybe you should post it to every newsgroup ONCE A WEEK, just to make
>real sure everyone gets it.  Oh, I forgot, some wimps with small disks expire
>news after a couple of days.  So post it to EVERY NEWSGROUP EVERY DAY.  That
>way EVERYONE will get a copy.

Maybe this is a good occasion to repeat my previous offer(s):

If you send me a blank, formatted MS-DOS diskette and a self-addressed,
stamped (post-paid) mailer, I will copy PICNIX 2.0 on the diskette for you
and return it to you. If you live outside the US, you can go to your
post office and get two or three "International Reply Coupons" and enclose
these with your disk.

The same goes for the complete UUPC distribution (sources & binaries)
and for the recently posted MS-KERMIT 2.30 (binary + manual).

I can handle both 360K, 5.25 inch disks and 720K 3.5 inch disks.
I can even handle 1.2M AT-type disks, but I cannot format them.

To limit the amount of time I spend on this, please make sure any disks
you send me are FORMATTED, and any mailers you send me are addressed and
stamped.

As other useful software is posted, I will announce availability in the
same manner.

So please stop requesting numerous re-posts of large binary archives,
they only load down the net and strain the good will of those who pay
the bills.

Wolf Paul
ihnp4!killer!wnp
ihnp4!killer!dcs!wnp

zu@ethz.UUCP (Urs Zurbuchen) (02/03/88)

In article <3179@killer.UUCP> wnp@killer.UUCP (Wolf Paul) writes:
>In article <1047@maynard.BSW.COM> campbell@maynard.BSW.COM (Larry Campbell) writes:
>If you send me a blank, formatted MS-DOS diskette and a self-addressed,
>stamped (post-paid) mailer, I will copy PICNIX 2.0 on the diskette for you
>and return it to you. If you live outside the US, you can go to your
>post office and get two or three "International Reply Coupons" and enclose
>these with your disk.

For all those of you living in Europe, you can send a self-addressed
and stamped mailer including FORMATTED diskettes to me. I'll copy the
requested software and send it back to you. Advantage: You should get
it faster from me than when you request it from a source in the USA.

I'm able to work with 5 1/4" diskettes (360 KBytes and 1.2 MBytes). If
you send me low density diskettes be sure they are formatted. I can't
do that with my drive (at least you can't read it anymore).

I'm archiving almost everything that comes over Usenet, so if you miss
something then feel free to ask if I have it.

Send your diskettes to:
		Urs Zurbuchen
		Postfach 48
		CH-5200 Windisch