[alt.sources] Comments on INSERT.c

webber@athos.rutgers.edu (Bob Webber) (01/09/89)

In article <529@ssbn.WLK.COM>, bill@ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
> I don't frequently side with Bob or Bill, but this time I'm going to side
> with Bob.  Bill brought this over from alt.sources and stuck it here.  Bob
> followed up here, why not?  Seems logical to me.
>
> I'm following up Bob's article to ask that any ensuing discussion go back
> over to alt.sources, where Bob posted in the first place.  It doesn't make
> a lot of sense to discuss it in a comp group where the original article
> never appeared.  Bill stated his points, Bob answered them, can we keep
> (any of) the rest over where it started?  Thanks,

Actually, since Gilmore has been flaming discussion in alt.sources, it
is not clear that that would be ``where it belongs.''  Generally people
who get both alt and comp groups view them as all part of the same pie
and people who don't view them as different.  If there is to be any
more discussion, doubtless it will take place whereever it takes place
as is the way with most discussions on the net.

---- BOB (webber@athos.rutgers.edu ; rutgers!athos.rutgers.edu!webber)