[net.micro] LaserWriter toner Cartridge refill

berger@clio.Uiuc.ARPA (08/15/86)

A new cartridge from 47th Street Photo in NY is $ 55.
What's the point of recharging it?

Don't forget that the cartridge also contains the drum that's
a source of maintenance problems in Xerox machines.  It needs
to be replaced periodically for best service.

hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (08/19/86)

In article <12300019@clio> berger@clio.Uiuc.ARPA writes:

>Don't forget that the cartridge also contains the drum that's
>a source of maintenance problems in Xerox machines.  It needs
>to be replaced periodically for best service.

Actually, the REAL culprit in Xerox(tm) maintenance problems is the ink
going everywhere; their dry ink particles are so carefully manufactured
that they elude just about every filter ever installed in commercial
equipment.  Want to destroy a Vax really easily?  Install a Xerox
laserprinter next to it, and watch as new employees try to change the
toner and developer.

This problem, of course, has been solved by the ever-enterprising
Japanese; they now make a laserprinter with a cold-fuser ink technology
that leaves behind far less ink to blow around.

-dave
--
David Hsu  (301) 454-1433 || -8798 || -8715	"I know no-thing!" -eneevax
Communications & Signal Processing Laboratory	/ EE Systems Staff

"I haven't got a life, so you haven't got anything to interfere with..."

jinkins@ut-ngp.UUCP (Richard Jinkins) (08/21/86)

     If anyone out there knows what kind of toner goes in a laserwriter
cartridge I would appreciate hearing from you. I need a brand name and
part number and possibly where it can be obtained in quantity.
Please reply to "jinkins@ngp.cc.utexas.edu". Thanks in advance.

tj@utcs.uucp (08/27/86)

Re refill toner part number...
Post it on the net, we all want to know