[alt.sources] uustatus 1.1 dumps core with large screens

pim@ctisbv.UUCP (Pim Zandbergen) (02/03/89)

Hi,

uustatus 1.1 dumps dumps core on a Wyse WY-60 in 132 x 43 mode
as soon as it tries to show the logfile when a system is talking.
This is the output of "sdb uustatus /usr/spool/uucp/.Status/core"

  wmove.c: No such file or directory
  0x80804c81 in wmove:No lines in file
  *t
  wmove(0x75756370,0xa,0x14)   [wmove.c]
  tailfile(s=/usr/spool/uucp/.Log/uucico/foobar,from=11,to=43) [uustatus.c:326]
  main(argc=1,argv=0xc00200ec,0xc00200f4)   [uustatus.c:274]
  *q

(Line numbers may vary)

It looks like it that uustatus dumps core when it tries to move
the cursor to row 10, column 20.
Is it a bug in uustatus, or is my curses(3X) brain-dead?
This is on an AT&T 3B2/600, UNIX System V release 3.1.1.
--
--------------------+----------------------+-----------------------------------
Pim Zandbergen      | phone: +31 70 542302 | CTI Software BV

erc@unisec.usi.com (Ed Carp) (02/04/89)

In article <674@ctisbv.UUCP>, pim@ctisbv.UUCP (Pim Zandbergen) writes:
> It looks like it that uustatus dumps core when it tries to move
> the cursor to row 10, column 20.
> Is it a bug in uustatus, or is my curses(3X) brain-dead?
> This is on an AT&T 3B2/600, UNIX System V release 3.1.1.

No, it dumps core because, in my wanting to get the tailfile() function
working, and make it pseudo-scroll, I defined the screen as being only
24 by 80.  There is an array called "tline" on about line 50 or so
(right before you get to main() ) that's set up as 24 X 80.  Change that
to the maximum number of lines and columns on your screen and it should
work fine.

-Ed

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (02/04/89)

In article <674@ctisbv.UUCP> pim@ctisbv.UUCP (Pim Zandbergen) writes:
>Hi,
>
>uustatus 1.1 dumps dumps core on a Wyse WY-60 in 132 x 43 mode

I have had it dump core on the console of an SCO 2.3.1 (386) system.  I
haven't had time to track it down yet.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon

guy@auspex.UUCP (Guy Harris) (02/06/89)

 >There is an array called "tline" on about line 50 or so (right before
 >you get to main() ) that's set up as 24 X 80.  Change that to the
 >maximum number of lines and columns on your screen and it should
 >work fine.

Or just "malloc" the array based on what "curses"/"terminfo" tells you
is the screen size and fix the problem once and for all (or, at least,
until you run it under a window system that lets you resize windows...).

erc@unisec.usi.com (Ed Carp) (02/06/89)

In article <957@auspex.UUCP>, guy@auspex.UUCP (Guy Harris) writes:

>  >maximum number of lines and columns on your screen and it should
>  >work fine.
>
> Or just "malloc" the array based on what "curses"/"terminfo" tells you

Yes, that'll work, and is a more elegant solution.  I just haven't had time
to do it.