[alt.sources] CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Creation of alt.sources.d

tar@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Tim Ramsey) (06/04/89)

Would anyone oppose the creation of alt.sources.d?  This group would provide
a place for the non-source postings currently found in alt.sources.

Tim
--
Timothy Ramsey                               Kansas State University
BITNET:   tar@KSUVAX1              Dept. of Computing and Information Sciences

ctuel@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Cliff Tuel) (06/05/89)

tar@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Tim Ramsey) said...
|Would anyone oppose the creation of alt.sources.d?  This group would provide
|a place for the non-source postings currently found in alt.sources.

	What's wrong with comp.sources.d ???

--
                         ___________________________
-------------------------  _    .       ___         --------------------------

tar@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Tim Ramsey) (06/05/89)

In article <11668@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> ctuel@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Cliff Tuel) writes:
>tar@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (that's me) said...
>|Would anyone oppose the creation of alt.sources.d?  This group would provide
>|a place for the non-source postings currently found in alt.sources.

>	What's wrong with comp.sources.d ???

Well, it seems lately that alt.sources has become alt.sources.d.  I
propose that we make this official (and as a side effect free up
alt.sources for other uses, like posting sources).

'Sides, it's aesthetically pleasing.