[net.micro] 8\" floppies

rstokes@ccc.bbn.COM (Robert Stokes) (09/05/86)

I don't know anything about the terak 8510, but I do know there are
still users and manufacturers of 8" diskettes.  Your best bet might
be dealers in Wang products.  Their 8" archiving work stations are
all over the globe.  Good luck.

david@sun.UUCP (09/08/86)

In article <3560@brl-smoke.ARPA> rstokes@ccc.bbn.COM (Robert Stokes) writes:
>I don't know anything about the terak 8510, but I do know there are
>still users and manufacturers of 8" diskettes.  Your best bet might
>be dealers in Wang products.  Their 8" archiving work stations are
>all over the globe.  Good luck.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  Wangs use (ha ha) hard-sectored 8" floppies.
Teraks use regular RX01/RX02 soft-sector formats.

carey@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU (09/10/86)

Is this too obvious?  The Vax-780 console uses a 8" floppy.
The IBM system 9000 (a 68000 workstation) uses (used) an 8" floppy drive.
I think a good number of micros older than 5 years used the 8" floppies.

root@ozdaltx.UUCP (root) (09/12/86)

Ever thought about a Radio Shack store (computer center).
The 6000 uses soft sectored 8" floopys, Single sided and
double sided.