[alt.sources] Help:elvis with Turbo C++ doesn't take args

ssi@ziggy.EDU (Ssi) (08/30/90)

 Has anyone gotten ELVIS to work on a pc (MSDOS) using Turbo C++.
I did a prjcnvt to update the project file, deleted all the termcap/..
stuff in elvis.prj, added tinytcap and wildcard to elvis.prj.

 It compiles but does not take any command line args when run.

IE: ( vi | elvis ) FILE.NAM   <<-- comes up [NO FILE]

 It lets me edit and write to a file however.

I had trouble with :g/old_stuff/s//newstuff/g <-- seems to hang
                                            ^
                                            |- works without this g

I also had trouble with :1,$s/$/put_this_at_the_end_of_all_lines
                                  ^
                                  |- went in at beginning of line

                        Thanks for any help,
                        Greg Ripp ssi@ziggy.edu
                         (813) 628-6100 x5123

mday@iconsys (Matt Day) (09/02/90)

In article <1415@ziggy.EDU> ssi@ziggy.EDU (Ssi) writes:
> Has anyone gotten ELVIS to work on a pc (MSDOS) using Turbo C++.
>I did a prjcnvt to update the project file, deleted all the termcap/..
>stuff in elvis.prj, added tinytcap and wildcard to elvis.prj.

I have, without much complications.  I created a new project file from the
existing one, using the included "tinytcap.c" rather than the "termcap\..."
stuff, used the large model, commented out the line in main.c that called
wildcard(), and linked in Turbo C++'s automatic wildcard argument list
manager WILDARGS.OBJ.  It compiled just fine.

>I also had trouble with :1,$s/$/put_this_at_the_end_of_all_lines
>                                  ^
>                                  |- went in at beginning of line

I tried this with a "/g" at the end of the command, and it hung my computer.
I guess there are still a few bugs to work out..
--
- Matthew T. Day, Sanyo/ICON, mday@iconsys.icon.com || uunet!iconsys!mday