[alt.sources] ST4766E/N by Impriss, backup power.

In article <25582@boulder.Colorado.EDU> savage@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Metallica Rules) writes:
>I have been looking to get a bigger hard drive for my 386/25 computer running
>ISC 2.2 and have spotted the ST4766 drive by seagate/impriss.  It is a
>676MB formatted drive for about 2000-2300 bucks.  What I want to know is
>if anybody has this running on their system and if they do what controller
>card one should buy.  This drive can have either the ESDI or SCSI protcol
>so the wich doesn't bother me.  If someone can tell me this works or not
>I would appreciate it, before I dish out the cash for this drive.

I have a pair of them running under ISC UNIX 2.2 (they were originally
setup under 386/ix 2.0.2).  I have them connected to a DPT ESDI Caching
controller with 2 1/2 MB of disk cache.  the system is up 24 hours a day
7 days a week for the past year and I have had no disk problems (although
the maxstor 680MB drive I had in there crashed when I dropped the machine
during an office move).

                                                Sterling, VA 22170