[net.micro] IBM PC Terminal Emulator

berger@clio.Uiuc.ARPA (09/23/86)

Can somebody at your site link over the latest version of
kermit (2.29)?  It emulates VT100, VT52, and Heath H-19
adequately, and certainly has upload/download capabilities
if kermit is available on your host machine.

It's free.

bdale@winfree.UUCP (Bdale Garbee) (09/28/86)

Or get a copy of PROCOMM from someone with access to a bbs.  I used to be a
Kermit fanatic until I ran into this one.  It's got a really nice user
interface, loads of options about terminal emulation and file transfer
protocol, does a good job of Kermit so I can still talk to all my other
systems running Kermit, and it's shareware.  I think they ask a $25 donation
if you like it, but don't quote me on that.
--

Bdale Garbee, N3EUA		phone: 303/593-9828 h, 303/590-2868 w
uucp: {bellcore,crash,hp-lsd,hpcsma,pitt,vixie}!winfree!bdale

ddb@starfire.UUCP (David Dyer-Bennet) (10/03/86)

In article <88@winfree.UUCP>, bdale@winfree.UUCP (Bdale Garbee) writes:
> Or get a copy of PROCOMM from someone with access to a bbs.  I used to be a
> Kermit fanatic until I ran into this one.

Procomm version 2.4 is just out.  I recommend it highly.  It has
significant improvements over 2.3, which was very good itself.  One
point of correction -- they INSIST on a $25 donation (not that you
couldn't just download it and not pay; but they don't just "ask").

Procomm has sliding window kermit implemented.  This does a lot to
overcome the problems with the small packetsize -- but does any other
kermit implementation support that yet?

		-- David Dyer-Bennet
		Usenet:  ...ihnp4!umn-cs!starfire!ddb
		Fido: sysop of fido 14/341, (612) 721-8967
		Telephone: (612) 721-8800
		USmail: 4242 Minnehaha Ave S
			Mpls, MN 55406