[alt.sources] Looking for debugging malloc library

dwu@halibut.nosc.mil (Daniel Wu) (05/03/91)

I've seen drop-in replacement libraries for malloc () that keep track of
memory allocation to warn users if they are overwriting or forgetting
to free memory.  Unfortunately, I haven't bothered to save any of these
posted libraries.  I'm working on an application where I can really use
one.  The more information it provides (to locate the bug) the better.

Will someone please post such a library, or tell where it can be located?

Thanks,

Daniel
dwu@halibut.nosc.mil

dwbrott@eos.ncsu.edu (Doug Brott) (05/05/91)

There is a debugging malloc on uunet.uu.net I know.  I am not sure exactly
where it is, but there is an index that you can download to find it rather
quickly.  It is either called debug_malloc or malloc_debug.  I have found
great use for this program myself.

--
Doug Brott

ajayshah@alhena.usc.edu (Ajay Shah) (05/06/91)

In article <1991May5.141754.22425@ncsu.edu> dwbrott@eos.ncsu.edu (Doug Brott) writes:

>There is a debugging malloc on uunet.uu.net I know.  I am not sure exactly
>where it is, but there is an index that you can download to find it rather
>quickly.  It is either called debug_malloc or malloc_debug.  I have found

comp.sources.unix/volume22/debug_malloc

Ajay Shah, (213)734-3930, ajayshah@usc.edu
                             The more things change, the more they stay insane.