[alt.sources] .plan stuff

scduncan@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (06/23/91)

hi--

if i remember correctly, someone posted some code a while back that would
run a fortune whenever someone fingered you.  does anyone have any code that
would get the person-who-was-fingering-you's userid and host name?  thanks.

--

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
! "God's masterpieces fart at one another in the bath." -- Kafka ++   ^_^    ++

cgw@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (06/25/91)

In article <5478.28637a0b@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu>, scduncan@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu writes:
> hi--
>
> if i remember correctly, someone posted some code a while back that would
> run a fortune whenever someone fingered you.  does anyone have any code that
> would get the person-who-was-fingering-you's userid and host name?  thanks.

i have the second piece of code you mention, and i'll be posting it to
alt.sources in a couple of days. so far, i've had 30+ requests for it.
i'll post the original code as i got it, my enhancements to it, and, the
companion program i wrote for it. see my postings in comp.protocols.tcp-ip
for more info.

-cgw-

christopher williams, `gilligan', `dude', cgw@vaxb.acs.unt.edu, +1 817 565 4161
lead programmer/operator, the university of north texas, home of the _VaxCave_!
`help stamp out and abolish redundancy!'           my other .sig is boring too.