[comp.std.misc] CCITT Recommendations

raph@tigger.planet.bt.co.uk (Raphael Mankin) (07/28/89)

Various people have been enquiring about CCITT recommendations. These
are published in the 'Red Book' which comes in several volumes, each
volume divided into several 'fascicles' (don't blame me for the
terminology).

Each fascicle has an ISBN and can be ordered from booksellers in the
normal way, though the probability of _any_ bookseller having them in
stock is vanishingly low.

Physically, there are copies for reference only at the IEE library in
Savoy Place, London and at the BT library at Martlesham Heath. The IEE
library is open to all members of the IEE and BCS, the BT library is
only accessible to those working for BT. If you do work for BT just
phone up the library and ask them for a photocopy of the relevant
recommendation.

CCITT Red Book volume VII fascicle VII.3
Recommendations T series (fax)	ISBN 92-61-02291-X

CCITT Red Book Volume VIII fascicle VIII.1
Recommendations V1 - V110	ISBN 92-61-02301-0

CCITT Red Book volume VIII fascicle VIII.2
Recommendations X1 - X15	ISBN 92-61-02311-8

CCITT Red Book volume VIII fascicle VIII.3
Recommendations X20 - X32	ISBN 92-62-02321-5

CCITT Red Book volume VIII fascicle VIII.7
Recommendations X400 - X430	ISBN 92-61-02361-4

Raphael Mankin

Gary_Edmunds_Miller@cup.portal.com (08/11/89)

>Raphael Mankin wrote:
>Various people have been enquiring about CCITT recommendations. These
>are published in the 'Red Book' which comes in several volumes, each
>volume divided into several 'fascicles' (don't blame me for the
>terminology).

The Red Books describe the 1984 CCITT recommendations. They have
recently been REPLACED with the Blue Books containing the 1988
CCITT recommendations.  There are REAL changes involved, although
to figure out what was changed you need both books.  To
make it worse the contents of each books was also slightly re-
arranged.  In the US good old Global Engineering Documents ( no
relationship!) at 800-854-7179 or (714)540-9870 can help you.
..
RGDS
GARY