[comp.std.misc] OSF, UI standards

danny@idacom.uucp (Danny Wilson) (08/10/90)

>otts@tfsg.UUCP (Chuck Otts) writes:
>[...]
>Does anybody have any information or insight into the European
>Commission and their reported (UNIX Today!, June (something) 1990)
>choice by year-end to pick either OSF or UI?  What is this commission
>and how much clot do they have in the European community?

For what it's worth, Europe's SPAG (Standards Promotion and Application
Group) headquartered in Belgium said that OSF/MOTIF would be their standard
GUI.  I'm not sure if that will apply to all IT products or just the tools
that are used within SPAG.

SPAG performs/develops conformance testing and standards within the
telecommunications and computer industry.

--
Danny Wilson			danny@idacom.uucp
IDACOM 				alberta!idacom!danny