[comp.std.misc] Where can I get ISO standards documents?

jcm@wgate.UUCP (John McLendon) (10/24/90)

Does anyone know where I can ftp, email, buy (in that order)
copies of ISO standards? Specifically, I'm looking for:

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 21 DIS 9646-1
OSI Conformance Testing Methodology & Framework
Part 1: General Concepts

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 21 DIS 9646-2
OSI Conformance Testing Methodology & Framework
Part 2: Abstract Test Suite SPecification

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 21 DIS 9646-3
OSI Conformance Testing Methodology & Framework
Part 3: The Tree & Tabular Combined Notation

Any info appreciated...
--
John McLendon  			Wandel & Goltermann Technologies, Inc.
Home (919)846-7931		1030 Swabia Court

mfc@medoc.ec.bull.fr (Matt.Caprile) (10/30/90)

In article <156@wgate.UUCP> jcm@wgate.UUCP (John McLendon) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can ftp, email, buy (in that order)
>copies of ISO standards? Specifically, I'm looking for:
>John McLendon  			Wandel & Goltermann Technologies, Inc.
>Home (919)846-7931		1030 Swabia Court
>Play (919)941-5730		Research Triangle Park
>uunet.uu.net!wgate.com!jcm	North Carolina 27709-3585

ISO documents are copyrighted, so you are supposed to buy them.

You are SUPPOSED to be able to order them from your national
standards body (looking at your address, I assume that you should
contact ANSI). You can also order them from ISO directly (and you'll
have lots of fun paying in a money they accept. I have found travellors
cheques in swiss francs to be the best solution, even if I do have to
pay a little bit more...)

from my ISO catalogue:
  Central secretariat
  ISO
  1, rue de Varembe'     ( --> the last character is supposed to be:
  Case postale 56              "e with accent aigu" )
  CH-1211 Geneva 20
  Switzerland

tel:  +41 22 34 12 40   (the +41 means that the country code for CH
fax:  +41 22 33 34 30    is "41". See your telephone directory for
                         more information about how to dial internat.)

And from an old e-mail:
   you can (supposedly) contact ANSI [new york] at:
         212  642 4900  Phone
         212  398 0023  ?? fax ??
(I have found that they rarely answer their phone).

Hope this helps,
matt.caprile@ec.bull.fr

--
 Matt.Caprile@ec.bull.fr  (or  {uunet!}inria!ec.bull.fr!Matt.Caprile)
 Bull S.A.

andrea@sdd.hp.com (Andrea K. Frankel) (11/07/90)

In article <156@wgate.UUCP> jcm@wgate.UUCP (John McLendon) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can ftp, email, buy (in that order)
>copies of ISO standards?

You can purchase them from ANSI.  Neither ANSI nor ISO has yet to agree
to any form of electronic distribution, certainly not a free exchange,
as the sale of standards documents helps support the work of making
them.

Someone mentioned that ANSI doesn't answer their phone; I've only had
problems with this when they were socked in with massive snowstorms.
You could write to them at

	ANSI
	1430 Broadway
	New York, NY   10018

and request the ISO catalog and ordering information.

Andrea Frankel, Hewlett Packard, San Diego Technical Graphics Div., R&D Lab
	"wake now!  Discover that you are the song that the morning brings..."
Internet : andrea@sdd.hp.com (or andrea%hp-sdd@nosc.mil or @ucsd.edu)
UUCP     : {hplabs|nosc|hpfcla|ucsd}!hp-sdd!andrea
CSNET    : andrea%hp-sdd@hplabs.csnet
USnail   : 16399 W. Bernardo Drive - Mailstop 61U65, San Diego CA 92127-1899
Voice    : (619) 592-4664