[comp.protocols.iso] Is there a mailing or....

dzoey@umd5.umd.edu (Joe Herman) (03/24/88)

Hello, this is another one of those tedious "help me get started"
messages.  I just received a bunch of ISO documents and noted that
some of them are draft standards (like the presentation protocol spec,
ISO/DIS 8823).

I would like to know if there is a mailing list (email or otherwise)
or other method that let's people know about new standards, or
DIS -> IS.  For instance, I think that X.400 is being redone this
year.  Does anyone know of an information source that could provide
answers?   There must be a mailing list somewhere.....

                         Thanks bunches,
                         Joe Herman

dzoey@terminus.umd.edu

--
"Everything is wonderful until you know something about it."

kehres@tis.llnl.gov (Tim Kehres) (03/24/88)

In article <2498@umd5.umd.edu> dzoey@umd5.umd.edu (Joe Herman) writes:
:
> or other method that let's people know about new standards, or
> DIS -> IS.  For instance, I think that X.400 is being redone this
> year.  Does anyone know of an information source that could provide
> answers?   There must be a mailing list somewhere.....

We are currently in the process of moving the north american version of the
mhsnews list to tis.llnl.gov.  In addition, a new mailing list is being set
up to deal with X.400 Gateway issues.  To make a request to be added to
either of these lists, send a message indicating your name, electronic
mail address, and a phone number where I can contact you in the event that
things don't work.  The addresses to use are:

	mhsnews-request@tis.llnl.gov		[ for mhsnews ]
	ifip-gtwy-request@tis.llnl.gov		[ for mhs gateway issues ]

Tim Kehres
Control Data Corporation / Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
kehres@tis.llnl.gov
(415) 463-6852

sid@brambo.UUCP (Sid Van den Heede) (03/30/88)

In article <2498@umd5.umd.edu> dzoey@umd5.umd.edu (Joe Herman) writes:
>I would like to know if there is a mailing list (email or otherwise)
>or other method that let's people know about new standards, or
>DIS -> IS.  For instance, I think that X.400 is being redone this
>year.  Does anyone know of an information source that could provide
>answers?   There must be a mailing list somewhere.....

There is a company in Virginia that distributes the official publications
of several standards organizations, including CCITT (which produces the
X.400 series of recommendations) and ISO.  CCITT publishes their
recommendations every 4 years, and this is one of those years.  The most
recent recommendations available are the "Red" books of 1984.  I purchased
my copy of the X.400 series (X.400 thru X.430) 2 years ago for about US$19.
Since I purchased that and other books from them, they have sent me
information as updates &c become available, or at least orderable.

Here's the company's name and address:

	Omnicom, Inc.
	115 Park St SE
	Vienna, VA  22180-4607

Disclaimer: This disclaimer signifies that this disclaimer is used in place
of the usual disclaimer and that the usual disclaimer is understood and
therefore omitted.
--
Sid Van den Heede		Voice: 416-792-1137
sid@brambo.UUCP			FAX:   416-792-1536