[comp.protocols.iso] VTP

robert@pvab.UUCP (Robert Claeson) (08/07/88)

In article <2882@bath63.ux63.bath.ac.uk>, sc_pwj@ux63.bath.ac.uk (Jones) writes:

> I had assumed that this newsgroup was for the discussion of ISO OSI
> solutions to:
	[stuff deleted]
> and the discussion of associated ISO OSI protocol stacks, profiles
> and so on. Is that right?

I would assume so.

> If so, I think that *some* of the recent entries in this newsgroup,
> for example some of those mentioning TCP/IP, are not appropriate in
> this newsgroup.

Yeah, but in the absence of some *real* traffic, we could need some
junk traffic so we all know the group is still there :-)

Anyway, when we're talking about the TCP/IP, is there anybody who knows
what advantages the ISO VTP protocol offers over the TCP/IP TELNET protocol?

	Robert

Robert Claeson                          Tel:   +46 8-7300300
PVAB                                    Fax:   +46 8-7301567
P.O. Box 4040                           Eunet: robert@pvab.se
S-171 04 Solna, Sweden                  Uucp:  {uunet,mcvax}!enea!pvab!robert