[comp.protocols.iso] Network Security

vincent@zubenelgenubi.uucp (02/03/89)

I am working on a network security project and am looking for pointers
to papers, books .... etc or your own comments and views.
More specifically, I'm looking at
security measures at both hardware and network layer level.

Thanks.
Vincent.

mleonard@secola.Columbia.NCR.COM (Michael Leonard) (02/03/89)

In article <9424@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> vincent@zubenelgenubi.uucp () writes:
>I am working on a network security project and am looking for pointers
>to papers, books .... etc or your own comments and views.
>More specifically, I'm looking at
>security measures at both hardware and network layer level.
>
>Thanks.
>Vincent.

The April 1987  issue of IEEE Network Magazine has a number of articles on network security. The references in those articles will lead you to many more.

mike

prinz@gmdzi.UUCP (Wolfgang Prinz) (02/07/89)

From article <9424@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, by vincent@zubenelgenubi.uucp:
> I am working on a network security project and am looking for pointers
> to papers, books .... etc or your own comments and views.
> More specifically, I'm looking at
> security measures at both hardware and network layer level.
>
> Thanks.
> Vincent.

You might find some interesting articels in:

Computer and Network Security, M.D. Abrams and H.J. Podell
IEEE Computer Society Press

regards
Wolfgang