[comp.protocols.iso] Obtaining ISO Documents

reynolds@hsvpmi.UUCP (Tom Reynolds) (02/01/89)

Where does one *get* the ISO documents?  I've tried ANSI in New York;
the lights are on, but no one's home...

--------

Tom Reynolds			 voice: (205) 721-1200 x 303 (Alabama)
Phoenix microsystems, inc.	        1-800-826-6798 x 303 (Elsewhere)
991 Discovery Drive	         uucp:  ..!uunet!ingr!hsvpmi!reynolds
Huntsville, AL 35806	 "First curse the darkness, then light the candle"

stone@quest.UUCP (Scott Stone) (02/04/89)

In article <218@hsvpmi.UUCP> you write:
>Tom Reynolds			 voice: (205) 721-1200 x 303 (Alabama)
>Where does one *get* the ISO documents?  I've tried ANSI in New York;
>the lights are on, but no one's home...

You might want to call Global Engineering Documents.  They have a variety
of standards related documentation, including ISO, CCITT, ANSI, and IEEE
documents.  They are more expensive than from ANSI, but considerably
quicker.

Western:  (714)261-7892
Central:  (314)726-0444
Eastern:  (202)429-2860

The most recent prices for the indices of documents is:
ISO '89		$56.20
CCITT (ITU?)	$15.00
ANSI		$37.00
IEEE '89	$15.00

acy@calvin.icd.abnet.COM (Adnan Yaqub) (02/08/89)

In article <218@hsvpmi.UUCP> reynolds@hsvpmi.UUCP (Tom Reynolds) writes:

   Where does one *get* the ISO documents?  I've tried ANSI in New York;
   the lights are on, but no one's home...

Here it comes again:

	Omnicom, Inc.
	115 Park Street, S.E.
	Vienna, VA 22180 USA
	TEL: (703) 281-1135
	TLX: 279678 OMNI UR
	FAX: (703) 281-1505
--
Adnan Yaqub
[cvedc|cwjcc|decvax|masscomp|mrmarx|pyramid|uunet]!abvax!acy

albert@cxhq.UUCP (Albert Chen) (02/08/89)

In article <218@hsvpmi.UUCP>, reynolds@hsvpmi.UUCP (Tom Reynolds) writes:
> Where does one *get* the ISO documents?  I've tried ANSI in New York;
> the lights are on, but no one's home...

I ordered my ISO documents from Industrial Technology Institute (ITI).
They have most recent documents on TC97 (Information Processing
Systems) and TC184 (Industrial Automation Systems). Every month I
also receive a update document list from them. Because ANSI has the
copyright of the documents, they are very expensive. Unlike RFC's.

Order information:

		Tyran Taylor
		Industrial Technology Institute
		P. O. Box 1485