[comp.protocols.iso] Obtaining ISO standards

LYMAN_CHAPIN@DGC.MCEO.DG.COM (08/14/89)

CEO summary:
Anyone interested in obtaining ISO standards should first obtain a
copy of the ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, Volume 19
Number 3 (July 1989), in which all of the pertinent details are
listed (including a comprehensive list of the currently available
standards).  The Review is available in most technical libraries (and
is mailed to all members of the ACM Special Interest Group on
Data Communication);  single copies may be ordered from ACM, 11 West
42nd Street, New York, NY 10036 for $10 (ACM members pay $7.50).

kwe@bu-cs.BU.EDU (kwe@bu-it.bu.edu (Kent W. England)) (08/14/89)

In article <8908141340.AE00041@adam.DG.COM> <LYMAN@DCND.MCEO.DG.COM> writes:

>Anyone interested in obtaining ISO standards should first obtain a
>copy of the ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, Volume 19
>Number 3 (July 1989), in which all of the pertinent details are
>listed (including a comprehensive list of the currently available
>standards).

	For some reason Lyman's article "Computer Communication
Standards" page 99 of this issue, is not listed on the front cover.
Unless you scan your CCR quite carefully, this article is easy to
miss.  (Bugs in the new format, no doubt, that won't be repeated in
future.)

	Just a note, as I completely missed this article when I
scanned my issue.  Thanks, Lyman, for pointing this out.

	--Kent England