[comp.protocols.iso] looking for ASN.1

jack@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Jack Campin) (10/16/89)

Can someone give me some precise details on where to get the ASN.1 spec
from, and what its full name is?  If there's anything that supersedes or
extends it, I'd like to know about that too.

--
Jack Campin  *  Computing Science Department, Glasgow University, 17 Lilybank
Gardens, Glasgow G12 8QQ, SCOTLAND.    041 339 8855 x6045 wk  041 556 1878 ho

dsill@ark1.nswc.navy.mil (k30b) (10/25/89)

In article <3579@midway.cs.glasgow.ac.uk>, jack@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Jack
Campin) writes:
> Can someone give me some precise details on where to get the ASN.1 spec
> from, and what its full name is?

ISO 8824 Information processing systems - Open Systems Interconnection
- Specification of Abstract Syntax Notation One (ASN.1)

> If there's anything that supersedes or
> extends it, I'd like to know about that too.

ISO 8825 Information processing systems - Open Systems Interconnection
- Specification of Basic Encoding Rules for Abstract Syntax Notation
One (ASN.1)

Available from:
    Omnicom, Inc
    115 Park St. SE