[comp.protocols.iso] OSI Network Management standards

ng@eric.mpr.ca (Steve Ng) (10/27/89)

In article <316@talc.UUCP> chena@cell.mot.COM (Albert Chen) writes:
>I've been looking for OSI network management standards that are
>alternatives to MAP 3.0 network management. I've two documents from
>OSI Network Management Forum: Application services and protocol
>specification. I'd like to see more complete definition of managed
>objects. I also learned two other documents are forthcoming: object
>specification and object library. Can someone offer insight?
>
>Albert Chen
>Motorola
>Cellular Infrastructure Division

I heard that the latest version of the "Forum Library of Object Classes,
Name Forms, Attributes, and Events" is Working Draft 4.0, and "Forum Object
Specification Framework" is Draft 2.3.

You can contact OSI/NM Forum for further info. The address is:
OSI/Network Management Forum
40 Morristown Road, Bernardsville, NJ 07924, USA
TEL: (201) 766-1544

Also, does anyone know the current status (or activity) of Managed Objects
definition within ISO or CCITT?  Responses are appreciated.

ARPA:  ng@joplin.mpr.ca  or  ng%joplin@cs.ubc.ca
UUCP:  ...uunet!ubc-cs!joplin!ng
CSNET: ng%joplin@ubc.csnet