[comp.protocols.iso] X.400 discussion group

khiem@hpindda.HP.COM (Khiem Ho) (11/14/89)

I am told recently that there is a X.400 discussion group
on netnews, but I can't seem to subscribe to it. Does any
one know of the name of the distribution list contact or
the netnews name? Thanks.

Khiem Ho
khiem@hpinddm.HP.COM

kehres@lance.tis.llnl.gov (Tim Kehres) (11/15/89)

In article <5560045@hpindda.HP.COM> khiem@hpindda.HP.COM (Khiem Ho) writes:
> I am told recently that there is a X.400 discussion group
> on netnews, but I can't seem to subscribe to it. Does any
> one know of the name of the distribution list contact or
> the netnews name? Thanks.

There are actually two such groups (or mailing lists with links to the
USENET).  The general X.400 newsgroup is comp.protocols.iso.x400.  There
are two separate entry points into the mailing lists, which are:

	mhsnews@vax.runit.unit.uninett

which is located in Norway and serves Europe and a few other locations
and:

	mhsnews@tis.llnl.gov

which is located outside of San Francisco and serves North America and
a few other locations as well.   PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TWO MHSNEWS LISTS
ARE LINKED TO EACH OTHER, AND MESSAGES THAT ARE SENT TO BOTH LIST ENTRY
POINTS WILL RESULT IN TWO COPIES OF THE MESSAGE BEING DELIVERED TO EVERY
LIST SUBSCRIBER.   In other words, if you send a message to one of the
lists, please don't bother sending a copy to the other entry point.

The other newsgroup is comp.protocols.iso.x400.gateway which discusses
X.400 gateway issues.  The mailing list for this newsgroup is:

	ifip-gtwy@tis.llnl.gov

Both newsgroups are gatewayed to the USENET at Lawrence Livermore National
Laboratory and are sent out with an 'inet' distribution, which means that
some sites will probably not receive the newsgroups.

If you are interested in subscribing instead to either of the lists, just
drop a note off to the appropriate -request address.

Regards,

Tim Kehres
ifip-gtwy-request@tis.llnl.gov
mshnews-request@tis.llnl.gov

rune.johansen%odin.re.nta.uninett@NAC.NO ("Rune H. Johansen") (11/22/89)

>I am told recently that there is a X.400 discussion group
>on netnews, but I can't seem to subscribe to it. Does any
>one know of the name of the distribution list contact or
>the netnews name? Thanks.

>Khiem Ho
>khiem@hpinddm.HP.COM

From NETINFO:INTEREST-GROUPS-[1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9].TXT, Last Updated: 24 Aug 89:

	.
	.
	.
	.

IFIP-GTWY@TIS.LLNL.GOV

   Mailing list for the IFIP 6.5 Task Group on Gateways (gateways and
   interworking between X.400 and non-X.400 MHS environments and between 1984
   and 1988 X.400 conformant systems).  Participation is open to anyone with
   something to contribute.

   For those with ARPANet/MilNet access, the archives are maintained on host
   TIS.LLNL.GOV in directory mhs, file ifip-gtwy; it can be accessed via
   ANONYMOUS FTP.

   All requests to be added to or deleted from this list, problems, questions,
   etc., should be sent to <IFIP-GTWY-REQUEST@TIS.LLNL.GOV>.

   Tssk Group Chair/List Maintainer: Tim Kehres <Kehres@TIS.LLNL.GOV>

	.
	.
	.
	.

MHSnews@TIS.LLNL.GOV
MHSnews%vax.runit.unit.uninett@tor.nta.no
MHSnews@vax.runit.unit.uninett  (from the EAN R&D MHS Network)

   This conference/mailing list is open to anyone who is seriously interested
   in implementing the CCITT X.400 (MHS) message handling protocols.  The
   conference/mailing list can discuss such things as how to understand and
   interpret the MHS recommendations, how to map existing mail systems and
   mail network features onto the MHS structure etc.

   MHS gateway discussions can be found in IFIP-GTWY@TIS.LLNL.GOV.

   To minimize international communications costs, distribution lists are
   being maintained in Europe and North America.  European users should
   contribute messages to MHSnews@vax.runit.unit.uninett or
   MHSnews%vax.runit.unit.uninett@tor.nta.no and North American users should
   send messages to MHSNEWS@TIS.LLNL.GOV.  Messages sent to either list will
   be forwarded to subscribers to the other lists.

   BITNET and NORTHNET subscribers will be served by a LISTSERV facility at
   BYU in the USA.  EARN subscribers can be served from BYU, but we would
   prefer EARN to be served by some site in Europe, if it can be arranged.

   USENET "subscribers" will be served by a Moderated feed to USENET with
   "inet" distribution.  "Followup" contributions from USENET subscribers will
   be fed by the moderator into MHSnews@TIS.LLNL.GOV.

   To subscribe to the conference:
      European users:
         Send a message to MHSnews-request@vax.runit.unit.uninett