[comp.protocols.iso] rfc987

In article <648@kps.UUCP> llj@kps.se (Leif Ljung /DP) writes:
>Are there any implementations of the rfc822, x400 mapping.
>PD or commercial? Experiences? Any info is appreciated.

Both Touch and Retix (US companies that supply X.400 transports)
offer implementations. I don't know anything about them other
than that I think Retix gets theirs from Interactive Systems Corp..
I'd love to see more info if someone has it, particularly since
987 seems pretty useless for anything other than simple text.
| Alphalpha Software, Inc. | Voice/Fax: 617/646-7703 | Home: 617/641-3805     |
| 148 Scituate St.         | Smart fax, dial number. | BBS:  617/641-3722     |
| Arlington, MA 02174      | Dumb fax, dial number,  |                        |
| nazgul@alphalpha.com     | wait for ring, press 3. | BBS line is still dead |

edward@TWG.COM ("Edward C. Bennett") (03/01/90)

In article <648@kps.UUCP> llj@kps.se (Leif Ljung /DP) writes:
>Are there any implementations of the rfc822, x400 mapping.
>PD or commercial? Experiences? Any info is appreciated.

Wollongong offers an MHS that does, among other things, RFC987.
We support only System V (Why? Ask the marketing folks...).
--
Edward C. Bennett - The other MMDF guy			edward@twg.com
The Wollongong Group					(415) 962-7252

galvin@TIS.COM (James M Galvin) (03/01/90)

	In article <648@kps.UUCP> llj@kps.se (Leif Ljung /DP) writes:
	>Are there any implementations of the rfc822, x400 mapping.
	>PD or commercial? Experiences? Any info is appreciated.

	Both Touch and Retix (US companies that supply X.400 transports)
	offer implementations. I don't know anything about them other
	than that I think Retix gets theirs from Interactive Systems Corp..
	I'd love to see more info if someone has it, particularly since
	987 seems pretty useless for anything other than simple text.

Possibly you are missing the point.  RFC 987 (and its successor RFC 1138) is a
specification for gatewaying to RFC 822 mail.  822 mail is TEXT based.  It is
not possible for 987 or 1138 to describe anything else.

Jim