[comp.protocols.iso] Is it possible ...

stef@NRTC.NORTHROP.COM (Einar Stefferud) (07/12/90)

Is there any responsible person at Informaix that can take Mr Kwang Sung
aside and explain the basic ettiquette of the INTERNET to him?  He has
been banging around in here for more than a month, and has not seemed to
pick up any of the obvious rules of the game, like how to subscribe to
lists without bothering everyone on five continents, etc.

Our first exposure was a long and repetitively tortuous process in the
ISO and ISODE lists of dealing with an unreasonable request (DEMAND)
that we set up a new newsgroup, just because Mr Kwang Sung wanted it.

Now we are beginning to see him penetrate and pollute our other lists
too.  It is time for someone at Informix to take note of the fact that
an Informix employee is not helping to "Improve The Informix Image".

I personally have reached the point of automatically deleting all mail
from Mr Kwang Sung without reading.  I would now like to avoid doing
this 10 times per day.

Perhaps it would be useful to collect all of the discussion list mail
from and to Mr Kwang Sung and send it to his manager?

Or maybe we might be lucky, and find that Mr Kwang Sung will seek help
in understanding what he is doing that is so offensive to so many of us
out here in the INTERNET.  Could we possibly be so lucky?

Best...\Stef

------- Forwarded Messages

From: Kwang Sung <infmx!moose!kwang@uunet.uu.net>
To: snmp@nisc.nyser.net, com-priv@psi.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 90 10:16:30 PDT

Hi..

	Could you add me to your mailing list ??  I haven't received any mail
from you since July 9, 1990. Please check for me. Thanks.

					Kwang Sung
					Informix Software, Inc.
					4100 Bohannon Dr.
					Menlo Park, CA 94025
					415 / 926 - 6758 (O)
					UUCP: ...!uunet!infmx!kwang

------- Message 2

From: Kwang Sung <infmx!moose!kwang@uunet.uu.net>
To: snmp@nisc.nyser.net, com-priv@psi.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 90 10:08:54 PDT

Hi..

	Could you add me to your mailing list ??  I haven't receive any mail
from you since July 9, 1990. Please check for me. Thanks.

					Kwang Sung
					Informix Software, Inc.
					4100 Bohannon Dr.
					Menlo Park, CA 94025
					415 / 926 - 6758 (O)
					UUCP: ...!uunet!infmx!kwang

------- End of Forwarded Messages

dave@fps.com (Dave Smith) (07/12/90)

No, don't muzzle Kwang Sung.  His silly ideas are much more entertaining
than ISO protocols.

--
David L. Smith
FPS Computing, San Diego        |        ucsd!celerity!dave or dave@fps.com

kwang@infmx.UUCP (Kwang Sung) (07/13/90)

Hi....

	They set up my e-mail address in wrong way. That's why I couldn't
get any messages from those discussion groups. If you received 10 copies
of my mail, I apologize for that. But that's not my fault. It could be
something wrong on either our mailing system or gateways.
Please stop flame, and concentrate on technical issues. Thanks.

						Kwang Sung
						Informix Software, Inc.
						UUCP: ...!uunet!infmx!kwang