[comp.protocols.iso] EIA, ISO protocols on-line?

ronen@TAURUS.BITNET (07/28/90)

Are ISO protocols available on-line and ftp'able?
Are EIA protocols?
I am looking specifically for EIA's RS485 specs.
(are there any discussion groups on these issues?)

Thank you
Ronen Friedman
ronen@math.tau.ac.il
ronen@taurus.bitnet

oberman@amazon.llnl.gov (07/29/90)

In article <1357@taurus.BITNET>, ronen@TAURUS.BITNET writes:
> Are ISO protocols available on-line and ftp'able?
> Are EIA protocols?
> I am looking specifically for EIA's RS485 specs.
> (are there any discussion groups on these issues?)

ISO and EIA specs are copyrighted and can never (legally) be obtained except
from publishers and distributers authorized by the copyright owner. They tend
to be very expensive and ARE used as a source of income by standards
organizations.

While the standards are in development (at least with ISO) they are usually
available from the official editor, but the final standard is not.

					R. Kevin Oberman
					Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
					Internet: oberman@icdc.llnl.gov
   					(415) 422-6955

Disclaimer: Don't take this too seriously. I just like to improve my typing
and probably don't really know anything useful about anything.