[comp.protocols.iso] ODP? Open Distributed Processing/Programming?

am@heike.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Arnulf Mester) (09/14/90)

--

Does anyone have any information about the new iso standards activity
for 'developing distributed software', called

(I do not mean OLTP, which has sth to do with transaction processing!)

Thanks in advance, kind regards,
Arnulf

belt@freyr.pttrnl.nl (Evert van de Belt) (09/17/90)

am@heike.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Arnulf Mester) writes:

>--

>Does anyone have any information about the new iso standards activity
>for 'developing distributed software', called
>		ODP
>		open? distributed? programming?/processing?

>(I do not mean OLTP, which has sth to do with transaction processing!)

>Thanks in advance, kind regards,
>Arnulf

Some ISO documents on Open Distributed Processing are:
ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21 N4022
ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21 N4025

Good Luck, Evert van de Belt

mckenzie@bbn.com (Alex McKenzie) (09/17/90)

There is an ISO project on Open Distributed Processing, but it is not
yet very far along.  In fact, I have not yet seen the "baseline"
documents, and I'm not sure they've been completed.

    __
   /  | /\                  Alex McKenzie
  /   | \/                  mckenzie@bbn.com
  \__/|_/\_&_/~X_           617/873-2962